Sunday, May 16, 2010

Taste of the Midwest

As you know from my last blog post, I was originally hired as the Phoenix Barbeque Examiner. Well, I've been reassigned to Cheap Eats Examiner, but when I first told my parents about my new side gig I was the Queen of the 'Que.

A few days after being hired on (and coincidentally the same day that my first article was published), my parents notified me that I should check our front stoop upon getting home from work. I did, and this is what I found:

It would be accurate to say I was so excited I was in pain, hence my facial expression.

Montgomery Inn Ribs. Geez. Just click on that link and try to see if you don't immediately start drooling. They are the home of the world's greatest barbequed ribs.

My parents sent me/us two racks and a bottle 'o sauce to celebrate my new gig! Isn't that the sweetest. I teared up there on the stoop. Michael was momentarily concerned before he read the title on the box and realized they were instead tears of joy. I had to explain that, yes, I was that excited about the ribs, but also that they were tears of reaction at how sweet my folks are.

Thanks, Mom and Dad!

The love of my life. Er...other than Michael, that is. Better not wear that white outfit when we choose to devour. I've been known to get sauce in my eyebrows. Don't quite know how that works out.

(Blog readers, you know I love you because I'm willing to post such an unattractive picture of myself).

No comments:

Post a Comment