Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Gala Gaiety

As the hour of my work Gala approached, I was glad that I'd had the spray tan done. As I hope you agree, the end result looked pretty natural.
I had bought this new dress when my Mother In Law, Judy, was in town. And though I loved the dress, I sort of wish I'd been warned that it was an outdoor event. It did get a little chilly toward the end.

But here you can see our beautiful background (Camelback Mountain - you can see the head behind us) and my beautiful coworker Gena. I love this shot of 'the girls' at work.
A couple people asked me if Michael was invited to the Gala. It was never explicitly stated, but spouses weren't really invited because all of our staff was working the event. It wasn't hard work by any means, but I'm sure it'd be a little weird for Michael to be mingling with strangers while I checked people in at registration. Anyway, I guess he could have come for the open dance part at the end of the night, but by the time I heard he could come he was already on his way to hang out with JP and Shannon.

I think the event went over well. Great location, great weather, great food. I did, however, spend an hour untangling about 100 wired glow neclaces that we were passing around as favors. It wasn't too bad, though; I had a cup of gelato and the music of Earth, Wind and Fire to jam to.

3 comments:

  1. you all look amazing!!!

    let it be known i'm disappointed, however, that there were no go go boots involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juliet. . .I LOVE your dress! You looked fabulous and the spray tan worked well too. I'm glad you had a good time. Is that dress going to Greece?

    ReplyDelete