I just want to take a quick moment to talk about how much I'm loving our new car.
Our first full tank of gas put about 10 gallons in it. (This scared me since my 4Runner took about 22 gallons). Well we ended up driving 535 miles on it before the gas light came on! Our trusty MPG doo-hickie said we'd gotten 56.9 miles per gallon on the tank!
I'm not exactly sure how this compares to all other cars out there, but it seems pretty nice to me! Especially after driving a bigger car for so long! Don't get me wrong, I loved Izzy the 4Runner, and I'm really going to miss having a big car to transport things in, but I'm not going to miss the gas she ate up!
In case the above sentence seemed strange to anyone, it's been a family tradition to name our cars. We've had a Jimmy, a Bob Ponti, a James, a Mitsi, a Holly, a Sally and an Izzy. So without further ado, I'd like to announce that we've named the new car Penelope. Penny for short.
Penny the Perfecto Prius! Cah-ute! We always named our cars too! Though, I just realized I don't have a name for my van--yikes!
ReplyDeleteAww cute, I've never named my cars but always called them a "he" or "she". My car now is a She.
ReplyDeleteThat's so fabulous! I was wondering how long it took before you'd need to fill that tank!
ReplyDelete