Our little Junebug is a half a year old! Can't believe it!
She's at such a fun age. She:
- Has said her first word. Turns out that she really likes avant-garde musicians because she keeps saying "Gaga." No really, it might not count as a real word, but she definitely knows how to make sounds.
- Rolls all over the place.
- Is great for your self-esteem. She thinks everything is so fascinating and smiles at all of your jokes. And you just have to nibble on her side chubbs and she'll let out the most adorable gigglesqueal.
- Loves hugs.
- Loves playing with toys.
- Can grab her pacifier, switch it between hands, move it around so it's in prime hand-to-mouth positioning and then plop it in her own mouth.
- Is getting up on her knees, but crawling is probably a ways off since her giant head and heavy torso are still beached.
She had her 6 month well baby check up today. She is the image of health and clocks in at 19 lbs, 5 oz (97th percentile) and about 27 inches long (75-90th percentile).
This is the first month where her monthly photo shoot was not capturing her full attention because, Hey look, I can roll over this way!