Thursday, January 30, 2014

37 Weeks Along

There I was, coasting along through middle pregnancy, then I blinked and now I'm 37 weeks along.

I'm feeling pretty good altogether, I'm just coming up on the stage of pregnancy where everything just feels a little "Ugh."

Sleeping comfortably at night, sitting comfortably at my desk all day...those aren't happening anymore. It's tough to bend over, like when I'm drying myself off after a shower, and I tend to make little noises when this happens, which causes Michael to ask if I'm okay about 47 times a day.

Nausea and sensitivity to smell are back. Michael started putting on his cologne outside in the mornings, which was very nice. This morning, though, it was raining so he didn't. "And you couldn't have put it on while in your car?" was apparently not the right thing to say. To be fair, I wasn't thinking clearly through the sensation of the burning membranes in my nose.

I feel like I'm being a sub-par parent to June. I don't have the energy I used to have...I'm just tired, you know? Thank goodness she has Michael, who will pretend to be her horse and will wrestle with her and swing her around in the air while they dance. Whereas my dance moves more and more resemble those of Tracy Morgan during those SNL Christmas Specials. Even when she does still climb on or around me, I have to caution her saying, "Be careful! Don't jump on my belly!" She must think I'm the most boring parent ever. Makes me sad.

Michael and I took a tour of our hospital the other day. It went great and reminded me a lot of the birthing center/hospital we used in Phoenix. I am still planning on going completely unmedicated if possible, and the medical practitioners seem supportive of that. It's just such a different setup than my last birth, though. Last time, I knew our midwife Lylaine throughout the whole process and I trusted her completely. This time, with this huge medical practice, you labor and deliver with whoever is there at the time. (There are always both midwives and OB/GYNs.) So I hope the midwife I end up with is as supportive as all of the other ones I've met with. And I hope that they can trust me when I say I don't want interventions, and that I can trust them if they ever say that I really need one.

My mom is coming out to be a life saver/support system/June supervisor in a couple of weeks. We'll be so lucky to have her. We have a friend or two we could call on to take June if the baby comes before that. I'm trying not to worry too much about the baby coming early. I know that at this point in pregnancy everyone starts feeling eager for it to be over, become convinced the baby will arrive early. Trying to take it one day at a time and be grateful for these last few weeks where June will have our undivided attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment