Sunday, February 21, 2010

Promotional Work

I got a promotion at work this week! I used to be the Manager of Adult Educational Services and Curriculum Development. A mouthful, wouldn't you agree? Now I'm the Director of National Programming!

Do you think the other countries hate it that the U.S. is winning the medal count? Do you think it just makes them roll their eyes at us Americans?

In the past two weekends Michael and I have tried to go to two movies and have found them sold out: Valentine's Day and Shutter Island, respectively. We did actually end up getting to see Valentine's Day, but still. And Avatar made about twenty trillion dollars. For these rough economic times, there are an awful lot of people going to movies. Escapism, perhaps?

I have a new favorite hobby. It's walking over to the Sonic a few blocks away and buying a large Root Beer for $1. Don't you wish we could walk more to do errands? Or at least bike with a large basket on the bike. I'd accept baskets on the front like this:
Or on the back like this:
But not both, like this:
You don't want to look like a pack mule, now do you?

2 comments:

  1. yyyyaaah! Congrats on the big promotion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your promotion! Very well deserved!!! Maybe you should reward yourself with a big basket for your bike ;-) (Do you still have your bike from college?) Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete