Also, Michael and I saw a preview for a movie the other day. I forget the name of it, but a husband was telling a friend that if he doesn't get home by 7 o'clock sharp, his wife puts sweatpants on and the likelihood of nookie goes from slim to none. The next clip showed him racing home and getting home right at 7. He walked in the door to see his wife walking out from the bedroom with sweats on, and she was tying the drawstring in a very deliberate double knot. Michael laughed very hard at this.
Do you think this is bad? Is it horrible that my first thought upon getting home is changing into something comfortable? Is that such a horrible thing? Am I giving up on the romance?
To be fair, Michael also has a few pairs of pajama bottoms that he changes in to. And let's be honest, it's just not as fun watching the Olympics and snuggling on the couch in pencil skirts and dress slacks.
I have a solution for myself. It comes in the form of two words: Pajama Jeans.

They are pajama pants that look like jeans! They have the denim look, the stitching and detailing, but they're soft and stretchy inside! They even have a slim fit dark wash, so they're practically Dressy Jeans! My prayers have been answered! I can look fancy and have the comfort of sweatpants at the same time!
The commercial on this page is (unintentionally?) hilarious. I linked it up for your enjoyment, and so Michael will know what to get me for my birthday this year.
so funny that you post this, because approximately 2 seconds ago I was looking at THESE puppies:
ReplyDeletehttp://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=442563&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results
comfy AND super stretchy...plus, I don't think Michael would mind them ONE bit.
OMG, this is hysterical!!! How did you find these? lol
ReplyDeleteI would love to hear from someone that actually owns them. I searched, to no avail, for reviews of owners, but didn't find any. If they look good and fit well. . . genius! If they are baggy or do not hold their shape. . . tacky.
ReplyDelete