I got together with a three lovely women this weekend to make some Christmas-y cake balls to enjoy and share.
To make cake balls:
1. Bake a sheet cake.
2. Crumble cake into teeny bits with food processor
3. Mix crumbs with some kind of binder - I used frosting
4. Roll mixture into balls
5. Dip balls into melted chocolate
6. Decorate
7. Let harden
8. Enjoy
Between the four of us we must have made more than a hundred balls. I wish I would have taken a picture of them all lines up on the wax paper to dry! Nevertheless, here is a small sample of the wares:

Speckled ones - Funfetti inside (my contribution). Dark chocolate and white chocolate - red velvet inside (Cindy's creation). Some of the peanut butter covered ones have strawberry inside and some have chocolate peanut butter (Jaye and Anni's). And the red one has mint oreo inside (also Cindy). These are so moist and delicious!
We also went over to the home of two of our favorite people this weekend - Remi and Cole and their smiley baby Smith. There was food, laughter, birthtalk and scorpion hunting.
That's Michael with the black light (see this post for more explanation) and Cole with the poker thing.
And there was also some hanging around in ridiculous outfits while the menfolk jump-started our car, which needed a new battery.
Remi's solid explanation involves giving us a little belly dancing show to utilize the belly dancing kit I got her for Christmas. My outfit is less easily explained because this is just how I looked after bundling up to do the scorp hunt. However, the Santa Sweatshirt was a joke. Kind of.
How is that despite the fact that your sweater is hideous (oh shoot, should I draft up another apology email?) and ginormous, you are still smokin hot?
ReplyDeleteA mystery to me, as I'm standing right next to you, quite obviously trying to look hot with very little to no success! (The only reason it could be a little is because the elf tights alone are pretty hot.)