Thursday, June 4, 2009

My Favorite Honeymoon Pictures

Yesterday I went through a lot of our honeymoon pictures because I had a coupon to Shutterfly.com to get 50 free prints. I figured this was a great opportunity to start on my honeymoon scrapbook that I've been meaning to do since the wedding. (Once I get warmed up on this scrapbook I might have the courage to tackle the wedding-and-days-leading-up scrapbook).

I really loved going through and selecting which pictures to include. Since I don't have much to blog about on the past few days, I decided to just show you some of my favorite pictures from our honeymoon.

This is Michael and me in our robes, and you can sort of see our gorgeous view of the ocean from our room:

Swimming in the huge pool:



On the sunset dinner cruise. We got soaked standing on the front of the catamaran, had some Mai Tais, ate some good cookin'.

This was one of my favorite beaches. The water was too unruly to swim in, but the waves crashing on the lava rocks was so beautiful! Plus, this was the beach where South Pacific was filmed:


Michael being hardcore as he takes his 4-wheeler down a steep grade:

On the night of our luau in the gardens of our hotel:


We had so many great memories, but one of my favorites was on the last night of the trip. We were walking around the garden courtyard in the hotel and we came across a party/show of Hawai'ian musicians and dancers. The music was pretty lively, so we found it strangely funny that the entire audience was just sitting there watching them with bored expressions. So Michael and I started dancing wildly about, 40 feet behind the musicians, in clear view of the show-watchers. We caught a few of the audience eyeing us and laughing. Then, giggling madly ourselves, we ran off. Later, when it was darker out (and we'd regained our composure), we came back when they were doing a really lovely rendition of "Beautiful Kaua'i," a slow song that we'd heard several times on the trip. Michael asked me to dance. So I danced with my best friend in a tropical garden under the stars, quite alone. It was so amazing! I love him so much!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome memories, awesome blog! Thanks for sharing. I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete