Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tyler and Lindsey's Wedding

The wedding was in a really pretty garden center that seems like it must have been built with the purpose of holding weddings. Gardens and shrubery and flowers and fountains - really, it was beautiful.
It was lovely. Only one problem.
It was 99 degrees outside with incredibly high humidity, an outdoor wedding at 6:00 pm. I hope this doesn't come across as complaining. If, for any reason, the bride ever comes across this blog and sees it, I hope she will not interpret this post as complaining, but merely commenting on the facts of the day.

I felt so bad for these guys:
I mean, I was there in my yellow dress (that I asked for your help on) and I was really worried about sweating through it. Turns out I needn't have worried - the dress hid any moisture well, and let's just say I was definitely glistening. But the groomsmen - poor guys! - had to stand up there in direct sunlight in up to 4 layers of clothes! (Undershirt, dress shirt, vest, COAT!) What good sports!

There were seriously moments when I was worried one or more was going to pass out.
But look how beautiful the bride was!
After the vows, we all came inside. Most people were delighted by the booze and wine. I was excited to see this:
That's right, a chocolate fountain. Needless to say, I made a few trips back to this bad boy.


It was a good night. After the wedding we all went to an after party at a friend's house where we played pool volleyball until 3 in the morning. We had to get up at 7 the next day to fly home, but it was all worth it.

1 comment: