I'm home for about a 12 hour period, and am devoting at least a small bit of it to you, blog readers.
I just got home from Prescott, Arizona, where I was working a conference. I was only there for two days, but it seemed like longer because of everything going on. Today, for example, we had presentations, a lunch with attendees and only afterward did we drive home. It's about a 2 hour drive from Phoenix and about 20 degrees cooler up there, which was a nice change.
Last night was kind of funny. The conference was holding a fundraiser Texas Hold 'Em Poker tournament, and my coworker and I decided to enter so we could have some fun and network with some of the people there. Well, I died a slow and painful death in this arena. Highlights included my asking "Wait wait wait...the dealer plays the hand?!?" when the entire room suddenly became silent, and when I accidentally turned over the river when it wasn't time yet, and was looked upon with shame by the cardsharks at the table.
I was just pleased to make it past the first round. My chip demise was long overdue at that point, and was not far off.
Tomorrow morning, Michael and I fly to Tulsa, Oklahoma to watch two friends get married. We were so lucky to be there when Lindsey and Tyler got engaged, and we're so excited for them to get married! 

I love weddings for the following reasons:
- I love love
- I love seeing the things brides (and grooms) pick to make their special day important and unique. A wedding really tells you a lot about a couple, I think.
- I love wedding dancing. I don't like dancing in clubs because I hate the monotonous throbbing music and the repetitive grinding dance move you do over and over again for three hours. I like funky dancing. At weddings you are forced to do somewhat clean dancing because Dear Aunti Muriel is on the dancefloor. I like this. A lot.
- Cake
- Vows. Whether they be the traditional ones or ones written by the couple. It makes me remember our vows and I always end up making my promises to Michael all over again.
- Seeing everybody get all dressed up in their finest. I'm obviously talking about the bride and the entire bridal party, but everyone else too. I think it's nice that we, as a society, deem proclamations of eternal love important enough to dress up for. Like saying, "I support your love, and will show it by wearing my good pearls and uncomfortable shoes." I don't know what I'd do if I was invited to one of those weddings in the parking lot of the Waffle House.
- Cake
lol! I love weddings too! Hope you have fun!
ReplyDeleteI love weddings too! Have fun at their wedding, I know it will be a blast!
ReplyDeleteI love weddings too. We are presently attending a wedding (Nick and Michelle) in Eugene, Oregon. We were lucky enough to be invited to the rehearsal dinner last night. It was beautiful. . . the love, the stories, the heartfelt caring between everyone at the dinner is heart-warming. I love love too, Jules!
ReplyDeleteAll of the reasons you love weddings, I second! You just made me even more excited to plan! Hope your having a fun trip and the wedding is perfect!
ReplyDelete