We got to the airport with plenty of time to spare, despite both of us having worked a full day already and having to pick the Bug up from daycare. We checked the car seat at the counter, popped June in the Moby wrap and headed for security.
Let me tell you, I've waited my whole life for this. You have a baby! You get to go through the Family and People with Medical Liquids line! You get to cut in front of everybody and not feel bad! So what sight did I see upon racing up to security to finally see all the people I would cut?? Nobody. Just a bunch of TSA employees standing around staring at each other. I think a tumbleweed blew past. I didn't even get to cut ANYONE.
So...whatever. There goes my #3 reason for having a kid.
We did board early, which was nice but semi-unnecessary because neither of us had a real carry-on. Just the diaper bag. I changed June back in the bathroom carrying just the changing pad, the pack of wipes and a single diaper. Pretty uneventful.
I was so nervous for the whole thing, truthfully. When I saw people sitting around us glance at June I wanted to shout to them that she was such a good baby, don't worry! But I figured I'd let her show them, or if she was fussy, I wouldn't have her make a liar out of me.
I needn't have worried. She ate on the way up, slept the entire flight and I woke her up to eat on the way down. Basically the same story coming home except for a brief stint in the middle of the flight when she wanted to be bounced, which I did in the aisle.
I wish they always stayed this way. Small and sleepy and sweet. I know they turn into toddlers who need entertainment and who scream and make demands and are irritable. So I'll try my best to appreciate this time, and remember these wonderful days when a 3 year-old June won't stop kicking the seat in front of her.
No comments:
Post a Comment