Thursday, July 14, 2011

New Day in LA

My oldest friend, Keely, lives in LA. So since we were in the neighborhood, we called her up and arranged to get together for lunch. To kill some time beforehand, and to get some caffeine, Lauren took us to a really cool little coffee shop in Venice Beach called Intelligentsia.
This place was full of hipsters and Michael and I felt decidedly not cool enough to be there (we weren't wearing Fedora hats, artsy glasses OR Toms shoes...the shame!).
As I'm walking back to my seat past the coffee line, I hear my name called. I looked around and...looked right at Keely!
Can you believe it? Of all places to stop for a coffee, they picked the same place that we did! So Keeks finally got to meet June, who adored her.

This next picture is us trying to see what June will look like with hair.
The effect isn't quite...right.

We then all made our way to the BBQ joint we'd originally planned to meet at.
Keely and her boyfriend, Luca. What a genuinely nice guy!
Then Lauren, Michael, June and I headed to Santa Monica for a little wandering and shopping.
We ate with the Perrys again that night. June and Ellison once again slept through most of the meal.
The next morning was the 4th, and was the day of our departure back to Phoenix. We had one last meal with Lauren while June modeled her 4th of July outfit.
Hope you all had a great holiday! We certainly did!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like such a great trip! I cannot believe you ran into Keely getting coffee! I love stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete