Friday, February 18, 2011

Name that babe!

Sorry to be such a tease the other day. I posted a person's reaction to our baby name and didn't actually share the name!

Without further ado (and actually, I didn't mean for there to be any big ado), I present the name we've chosen:

June Elizabeth

We love both names, obviously. We didn't choose either for any one reason, but for several reasons each. I think I've said before that we tend to lean toward the classic/traditional names, which is why I was accused of choosing a "granny" name the other day. When I hear June I don't think of a granny. I think of a chubby baby, I think of a teenage girl, I think of a working woman - all of whom can be proud of their name.

I also think about calling her Juno and Junie (June E.) and Junebug, as Michael often addresses her in utero. Maybe I'll call her June Eliza when we're in character and feeling particularly dramatic.

(I hope I get a little girl who sometimes gets in character and feels particularly dramatic.)

8 comments:

  1. love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love.

    and I looooove the name Eliza, so count me in when the drama arises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. plus, have I ever told you how much I looooove your wedding photo above?

    well I do. a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay yay! It really is the perfect name for your baby girl :) I was actually thinking this week that I feel like I always knew she would be a June. That name was somewhere in the back of my head for all these months. Maybe I had a dream or something. We all know about me and my prophetic dreams ;)

    I can just see you two now, re-enacting scenes from Pride and Prejudice. Dancing around it big skirts, with fake British accents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love June Elizabeth's name. It's beautiful and classic. I can't wait to see and hold little June. (I love your June Eliza idea. It reminds me of how I call you Juliet sometimes!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I am already planning to teach the little Junebug all my special wrestling and football holds so she can become like her mom and dad.....world class!!! AD (Anonymous Dad)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also LOVE the name. June is a baby, toddler, teenager, young woman and old lady name, right? Perfectly beautiful.

    On a side note, my grandmother's name is actually JUNE, however, she was once a baby and a young woman, and it suited her well then, just as it does now as my wonderful g-ma.

    She wanted us to name our little person June, but this little Gus of ours wouldn't have looked good as a June.....

    boy named Sue, anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, all! We love the name, and it's been so fun to be able to call her by name now!

    p.s. - Anna, I love A Boy Named Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you know...that Juno means "Goddess of Marriage and Childbirth"...in Greek!!!

    ReplyDelete