Sunday, October 18, 2009

One Year of Love

Today we're celebrating our one year anniversary of being married. I am thrilled and so blessed to have married my best friend one year ago. This year has been exciting and full of change. So, in taking a page out of my friend Lauren's book, I'm making a blog post about some of the fun things we've done this year.

In the past year, we:

Got hitched:

Went on a honeymoon: Drove to Utah for a 'Mountain Cocktail' wedding:Worked (a lot):
[images removed]


I went to 6 out-of-town conferences within an 8 week window:Got some reading in at Jaye and Derek's wedding: Spent some time with the President:
Visited friends in San Diego for the 4th of July:









Tried to live a little greener: Went to the Emerald City for Amy and Erik's wedding:Michael became a Big Brother:
Jumped: (Kauai, October)
And jumped: (Scottsdale, December) And jumped: (New Year's Eve)
Rocked out: Visited our loved ones: And bought a home:I've heard (a time or two) that the first year of marriage is the hardest. I doubt that that's true, but if it were, I'd consider myself to be very lucky. Sure, we've had little arguments and adjustments in turning two 'me's into 'we', but it's been one wonderful year. We've had lots of laughter and very few tears. We've been blessed more than we've been burned. We've been happy and healthy, surrounded by the best family and friends a couple could ask for.

Baby, I'm the lucky one.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! What a year it has been! Congrats you two. You are the queen of weddings! I love that pic where Michael's face is green, classic. I am so excited for you two and your new home. You two are golden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your "Year in Review" ;-) Wow, you've done alot this year. And you are so good together. Best wishes for many, many more wonderful years together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what. a. dream. you two are!

    congratulatations!

    (still snickering about that LOST photo comment of yours)

    ReplyDelete