We recently heard from our realtor that the current owners of our new home found a new place and have already moved out! Because of this, the home is just sitting there, eagerly waiting for us to move in. (I told it to be patient, but you know homes, they're just so excitable!)
Michael and I have made some arrangements and now the plan is to meet early on Friday to sign the papers and exchange our down payment for a set of house keys! I'm trying not to get too excited in case anything falls through. But, if it does all work out, we will officially have a home for our first anniversary! There is still some stuff we wanted to do before moving in (painting, maybe have the carpets professionally cleaned - not that they're dirty, just for a fresh start), so we might not be moving stuff into the house this weekend. This also works nicely because my parents are going to be in town this weekend. We'll get a chance to show them the place!
On to other matters, I'm now halfway through week five of my training for the half marathon. I had a bit of a setback today. I'm just low on motivation. I haven't missed a single workout, even when we were on vacation and Michael and I did a run through the rain in Indy. I ran 18 miles last week. And yet I don't feel like I've lost any weight. And it's so very dark (and now chilly!) at 5:30 am, which makes it hard to roll out of bed. You might think there would be a lot of other runners out at this time, well, there aren't. There's only creepy old men with strange pants.
We've got another 5-miler looming ahead of us on Saturday (Michael does the long runs with me), after which Michael will be working all day entertaining clients at the big ASU game. The only thing keeping me going is the fact that tomorrow is a rest day and that Glee and Modern Family are on TV tonight.
Here's hoping everything works out with the house! I'm crossing my fingers, toes, legs, and eyes hoping that it goes smoothly.
Update 10/15/09: Of course! I jinxed myself by posting this yesterday. We got an email from our Escrow officer...she can't meet tomorrow morning. We're going to try to arrange to close on the house on Monday now. Michael is trying to see if we can still get in to see the house so my family can see it.
Love your blog! Now we can be bloggy friends!!
ReplyDeleteJules, I'm sorry to hear about your closing being Monday now. But you'll be in your new home before you know it!!! I do hope our family can see it over the weekend, but if we can't. . . that's the way it goes. No big deal. We'll see it soon. I'm anxious to see it too! Your first home! How exciting!
ReplyDeleteAbout the running at 5:30 am when it's cold, dark and creepy men with strange pants are out. . . yikes! Maybe you could run after work instead?
Love you, let's talk,
Mom