Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Breakfast (In Minutes) Gobbled

The alternate title for this post is "Breakfast In: Minutes Gobbled"

We have a little tradition of going out to breakfast every Sunday morning. There's a little local place that serves all fresh and local stuff and we go there and order the same 4 things over and over again. We only forego this tradition if we had gone out for most meals of the weekend, which is exactly what happened this past weekend.

So we stayed home and Michael decided to make a breakfast feast at home. He looked up a recipe for sweet potato hash. He scrambled eggs. He made pancake batter from scratch. I was watching June, but I also came in to help cook the pancakes. He slaved in that kitchen to wonderful results:
But right as we sat down to eat, June started having one of her rare meltdowns. We tried everything to get her calm and sleeping. She obviously was very tired but wasn't really taking to any of her usual techniques to go down.

Eventually we got her calmed and napping with the secret weapon: the Moby.
But the damage had been done. Michael gobbled down his food while I tried calming June, then we switched places. Michael's awesome work in the kitchen had been scarfed in a matter of minutes.

Thanks anyway, babe. I guess this is what being a parent is all about, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment