Tuesday, June 7, 2011

2 Months Old!

Baby girl is 2 months old!
She had a checkup at the doctor's yesterday. I was a little nervous about it for two reasons: June wasn't gaining weight very well by her last appointment (1 month) and I wanted to see what the doc would say this time around, and June's first round of vaccines.
Doctor assessment: awesome! She was so surprised at how much weight June gained in a month (about 3.5 lbs - what a chunkster!). She said she doesn't know the last time she's seen such wonderful weight gain - June went from being in the 25th percentile to the 75th!
She also said that June is very alert for her age, that she's doing really well with holding her head up, smiling and cooing a lot. View a video of June babbling! (Michael says the blue makes her look like a boy. I say not true because the blue has a flower on it, and also "CURSE YOUR GENDER STEREOTYPING!")
The vaccines went as good as they could go, I guess. After the first one June just looked offended and confused and only after the second one did she go into meltdown mode. Her face got all red and she bunched her body up, but I was able to pick her up and comfort her by then. Despite being told that I would likely cry, I didn't, I was too busy trying to cheer the chunkster up. Why did the nurse wait until after the vaccines to try to tell me what to look out for, what to do if there is a reaction, etc.?! My child is screaming, I'm not listening to you!

All I heard was, "WAHHHH!""...a little swollen...""WAAHHHH!" "...not an ice cube...""WAAAHH!"
But she was fine. Maybe a little extra sleepy for the rest of the morning, but doing great now.

5 comments:

  1. Julie,
    June looks fabulous! I can't believe how much she has grown since I last saw her. She looks so happy and healthy! I love that you are putting bows and ribbons on her. (I know you had to suffer through all those bows I put on you until about 3rd grade :-) Love you all and miss you all too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so great and her parents seem pretty happy, too. I wasn't worried about her eating challenges....she IS a Martin and so I fully expect her to be looking for some ribs, barbecue, and Graeters' ice cream soon. Vicki and I are looking forward to a reunion with you guys half way across the country in July! Love always, AD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy (aka Grammy)June 8, 2011 at 3:54 AM

    Hang in there, Baby June...Grammy will be there in 38 hours (but who's counting?) So glad to see the new pics and get the update from her check-up...she certainly has filled out nicely! I can't wait to get my arms around all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. June, you're such a chunker McChunkster!

    playdate this week? I really need me some junebug.

    ReplyDelete