Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

To the three Dads in my life.

First, to my own Dad, who taught me how to play like a champion.
Second, to my brother, who taught me that you can be a grown up and still a kid at heart.
And lastly, to my husband, who taught me how to love with abandon.
You three are excellent fathers. And I hope you had a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Here, here! Three wonderful fathers! I hope you each had a l wonderful day yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am humbled by your posting....I firmly believe that to be an excellent father, you must either have had an excellent father, or have witnessed an excellent father! Although you might not recall Grandpa Perry or Grandpa John (and I am sure that the Shockley clan can boast of similar heroes), I can assure you that they both were the wind beneath Vicki's and my wings....great, but quiet men of conviction whose greatest achievement was providing a nurturing home for their families and children who can stand on their own two feet and make a difference. I am truly proud to be known as JP and Julie's father!!

    AD (Anonymous Dad)

    ReplyDelete