Thursday, April 19, 2018

The JDRF Gala

Michael was invited to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation gala through his work this year! He knew it was black tie and people told him that people went full gowns-and-tuxes, so we went to work getting everything in order. I rented a dress from Rent the Runway for the first time. It's so cool to be able to rent a dress and not spend a fortune on a dress you'd only wear once. (Even if we were invited to another event, I doubt I'd want to wear the same dress.)

So I picked out 2 dresses and got to select 2 sizes and they sent them to my doorstep! June modeled the one I didn't love as much...


I adored my dress and Michael looked amazing in his tux with a navy jacket! 


The back was the best part!


We had a great time. Bid on some things, won one thing at the silent auction. (A ten-pack of passes to a trampoline park - how sophisticated we are!) There was a puppy that was going to be bid on during the live auction, which we got to see earlier in the night. It sold for... I kid you not... $50,000.

 

So fun getting dressed up for a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment