We've got a mobile baby. Yes, she rolled over for the first time last Saturday. Belly-to-back, which is supposed to be easier. 'Smatter of fact, our salty day care provider said something along the lines of "that way doesn't count" as rolling over until Michael choke-slammed her.
June's been a rolling fiend since then. Every time we put her down for some tummy time she's on her back again in a few seconds, smiling and looking at us for celebratory clapping a cheers again. Man, she went down for naps so well on her belly! Now I will sometimes have to get down there with her, snuggling her close to me, draping an arm across her while she makes little "gaaaah, gaaaah" sounds and puts her slobbery little hands in my nose, eyes and mouth and looks at me with her big ol' blues. Twist my arm.
Anyway, last night June rolled over "the real way," back-to-belly. We thought it might be a fluke so, though we almost scared the Junebug with how much celebrating we did, we didn't hold our breaths on her doing it again. O, ye of little faith.
She rolled for the rest of the night. Back to front, front to back. Front to back to front to back to front. We're in trouble, folks. Which is why I have composed a new song for June called Baby on the Move!, which is a cross between the Mary Tyler Moore theme song and Nelly's Heart of a Champion.
Lyrics include:
Baby on the move!
Making her way in the world today!
Always on the go!
Soon she'll be taking the lightrail!
Does this mean we have to finally baby proof the house?
Congratulations, Junebug and family!!! Gosh, she's getting so big. . . rolling over, learning how to swim, and traveling the world (well, Flagstaff and Indianapolis, at least)! Thanks for the blog, Julie. I LOVE all your posts! See you soon. I can't wait!
ReplyDeleteActually, I was expecting another video to the tune of "Proud Mary"!
ReplyDeleteYou know..."Rollin', rollin', rollin' on the carpet". Or perhaps the themesong from "Rawhide" (before your time): "Rollin', rollin', rollin'. Keep my baby rollin'".
Just kidding...I love your Mary Tyler Moore reference.