Can I just tell you that I love going grocery shopping the day before Thanksgiving? (I’m still not sure if a question mark or exclamation point goes at the end of that sentence.)
First of all, the stores know about the impending madness so they lay out piles of the staples. Everywhere you look are towers of pumpkin pie filling and pie crusts. They know about the time crunch, so they put all the ingredients for key meal dishes right next to each other. A tower of green bean cans stands next to the cream of mushroom soup and onion straws to make that traditional green bean casserole.
People are so frantic. “Bill! Bill! Oh God, Bill! There’s no more Swanson’s Chicken Broth! Oh God!”
I love the procrastinators who are looking through the 3 remaining frozen Butterball turkeys with great interest, thinking, "Um, this will thaw out by tomorrow morning, right??"
I love people that wear Thanksgiving vests and sweaters.
I love the open bins of nuts. Do people really buy nuts this way? What do you do with them? Roast them over an open fire?
Anyway, I love it all. All except the checkout lines.
Haha, I thought I was done but looks like I have to go back and I am scared to.
ReplyDelete