Friday, July 23, 2010

Wine Country Bumpkins

I'm sorry I haven't blogged about this sooner - honestly it was taking all of my blogging power to post once a day with those cruise vacation posts! (I know that sounds ridiculous, but I've been really busy lately and it seems to take forever to post pictures to Blogger.)

Anyway, Michael and I are off once more...this time to beautiful wine country! My In-Laws were so sweet to book this trip to celebrate Michael's 30th Birthday on Saturday! We fly out to LA tonight and will drive up to Solvang (north of Santa Barbara) to do some wine tasting! (I will now stop ending all of my sentences with exclamation points to save you some irritation, but hope you will understand that I am super excited.)

This is the first image that popped up when I Google'd "Solvang": So I think you won't be surprised to hear that I'm psyched. Absolutely no sarcasm there, in case it seemed like there might be. I'm SO into this kind of thing.

We have reservations at a restaurant called the Hitching Post, which is a famous place where the filmed the movie Sideways.You better believe I'm NOT drinking any Merlot!

Seriously can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Come and visit us at Tastes of the Valleys Wine Bar in Solvang. We have more then 25 wineries represented and we are the only place to taste a great selection of Au Bon Climat, Margerum, Happy Canyon, Arcadian, and Cass. Print this message and we will give you 20% off any wine flight.

    Tastes of the Valleys Wine Bar
    1672 Mission Dr, Solvang, CA 93463
    (805) 688-7111

    http://www.tastesofthevalleys.com

    ReplyDelete