Thursday, October 6, 2016

Weekend in Tahoe

After I mentioned to Michael that I had never been to Lake Tahoe in the summertime, this dreamboat of a husband of mine made it happen. We took an overnight trip and had a great time!

We went straight to the beach, having lunch with a view and then changing into our suits.


I wanted to rent paddle boards. I think Michael worried that the kids were still too little for this activity, but it was great! (It helped that there were virtually no waves and that the water was really shallow pretty far out.) We both took the kids out in turns, sometimes with one, sometimes with both. I loved it when I was up on my knees with a kid standing in between my arms helping paddle. It was just so sweet.



We had a hotel room near Heavenly Village. We were expecting another great night like we had in Santa Cruz where the kids did wonderfully. It was... not quite that. These stinkers were bouncing off the walls (and furniture) every moment we were in this room.


We walked to Heavenly Village for dinner and a little mini golf.


The next morning, after picking up some coffee, we rode the gondola up to the top of Heavenly for some awesome views, food, a small hike and some mountain air.











No comments:

Post a Comment