Monday, June 6, 2016

Indy, Continued

We counted ourselves to be very happily out of Bennett's (2-year) phase of being a fussy traveler. Our last time traveling with him left us feeling a little anxious about how these two flights would go, but we were pleasantly surprised. He napped a little, and for the rest of it, we were mostly able to keep him occupied with only a few moments of fussiness. June was a great little traveler. We got some time with her reading books and doing stickers before we succumbed to the iPad. :)

Grammy and Papaw Fred's house is so fun because they have all these new toys to play with. New to the kids, of course, old in actuality because they used to be Michael and Lauren's toys as kids! Including Michael's old recorder, which Bennett loved because he pretends everything is a trumpet, and this pretend trumpet actually made sounds! Papa John would be so proud!

The kids slept together in the same room, which was A.DOR.ABLE. 

They were so cute and got into relatively little mischief about the whole thing. Only one nap was circumvented altogether because they wouldn't go down. Each morning June would give us a run-down of how the night and morning had gone, including a few mornings when she woke up to find Bennett sleeping on the floor. Definitely reminded me that we're not quite ready for Bennett to be in a big boy bed (he's still happily in his crib).

One night the kids started crying  in the middle of the night - I think it was June having a bad dream and Bennett just being scared of her crying. Anyway, Michael and I both bolted upright and ran in their room, where I found Bennett standing up near the door. Nearly gave me a heart attack to almost barrel over him like that! 

Michael and I had a date night! We had the best meal I've had in a long time at St. Elmo's Steakhouse, then walking around to the nightlife district for drinks and dessert.

We headed over to Danville for the day to visit Grandma Helen. We took her out to lunch at Steak & Shake (the kids got the milkshakes that I had been talking up) with Uncle Mike and Perry, then headed over to Uncle Mike's house for some relaxation and playing before the drive back to Indy.

And there was a lot of lounge time with the family, enjoying being together.

I love this picture of the whole group, courtesy of the self-timer!

It was a great trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment