Sunday, March 20, 2016

Day on the Farm

On Saturday, Michael was out of town on a ski weekend with some friends, so I took the kids to a farm! Soil Born Farms is the farm operated by our local co-op. I saw online that they had a "Fun on the Farm" event for kids, but when I clicked the link to register, the page error-ed out. I wondered if it was sold out, but I figured that we could always just wander around the farm if we couldn't get into the event.

When we showed up, we learned that it was sold out, but the people were so nice and let us sign up for it anyway! I promised that June and Bennett could share the crafts since they only had limited items.

So the kids got to:

Play on a little playground:


Build a fairy house:

Visit the chickens:

Eat a garden snack (crackers, cream cheese and a bunch of edible plants grown there on the farm, like flower petals, chives, herbs, broccoli, etc.):

Look for little gnomes and fairies hidden in the children's garden:


Make a wand:

Make a grapevine crown:

Sit for story time:

See the cows, sheep and pigs:


Such a fun day! Makes me wish I was a member of the co-op so I could go work some hours on the farm now and then!

No comments:

Post a Comment