Saturday, January 10, 2015

New Year's Eve

We were already thrilled to be spending New Years with Michael's parents, so when we found out that my parents would joining the group it just added to the excitement. We went out to dinner at a restaurant called Stone Creek Dining Company. 



We had to take turns walking Bennett around the restaurant because he is so squirmy these days! But the food was so good!

Then we came home and enjoyed dessert, music and dancing.




June really loved this little coin bank, so she and Papaw Fred enjoyed some time discussing finances.


June got to stay up until midnight for the first time. To make me seem like slightly less of a terrible mother, it was really only an hour later than her normal bedtime if you consider the timezone difference. 

Judy had bought this great cracker pod things that you pull and they pop open, revealing a crown, joke and whistle. The whistles were numbered and they had some songs mapped out by number so we could attempt to play them. 

"Jingle Bells" was the easiest one, but it heavily featured whistle #3, which happened to be June's whistle. So...it was not a roaring success. But we did have a good laugh and all were whistling for the rest of the night. 




We popped some champagne and watched the ball drop on TV and were in bed by 12:45. It was basically my perfect New Year's. I was telling my mom that I have absolutely no desire to go out and attempt to make New Year's the craziest night ever!!!  With crowds and groups of people I don't know and driving home... Seriously, my ideal New Year's is spending it at home with people I love and no one needing to drive home. And that's exactly what I got!

I hope you all had as great a New Year as I did!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year!!!!!! Julie, I agree, New Year's Eve at home with those you love is the best way to celebrate. We had a great time with dinner, dancing, music, playing with the kids and celebrating with the Martin-Shockley midnight countdown! Thanks to you, Michael, Judy and Fred for inviting us to join you! Love, AMom

    ReplyDelete