Wednesday, December 3, 2014

amAZing trip back

Last week we went back to Arizona to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family. The first full day we were in town (Wednesday) the boys went golfing, so my mom, the kids and I had a little outing. We went to the McCormick Railroad Park which I actually have never been to when one of the summer concerts wasn't going on. 

June was so excited to go on the carousel, train and playground.





We also went to the Fountain Hills park twice...once just with the family and once with my friend Lyndsey and her son Matteo. It was so warm, even by Arizona's standards (I heard we almost set the record high)!


We also had a little party over at my parents' house on Friday evening. I got the chance to catch up with Lyndsey, a friend I've known for over 12 years! June and Matteo were born on the same day - quite the coincidence considering they were due almost a month apart.

Lyndsey and her family have been living in Abu Dhabi for the past two years so it was so good to see her after so long - and to see how the kids have grown!



Poor June's lips got so dry (actually, all of ours did) and she kept licking them and sucking on them. As a result, she got this bad redness all around them, giving her kind of a clown-mouth appearance. I think she's going to look like she got into my lipstick in my parents' Christmas card this year!


One of my favorite memories was eating breakfast on the patio on Friday and Saturday mornings. It was chilly and quiet and felt wonderful with a robe on and a cup of coffee in my hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment