Friday, September 26, 2014

Homemade Elsa Dress

A while back I decided to make June an Elsa dress. I'm not entirely sure why, except that I could buy fabric for much less than some of the $50 dresses I was finding online. Plus I was looking for a new sewing project. 


I used another dress that fit June well as a pattern. It was fun to construct it, but that stretchy fabric was almost too much for a newbie like me. 


That poor little dress has really been put through the ringer since I finished it. So much so that I never went back and added the sequins from the bodice like I'd planned.


It has even withstood two accidental trips through the washing machine, which I had intended on avoiding.


It's definitely not the fanciest princess dress she has, but she seems to like it!


1 comment:

  1. Ummm, those last two photos are too much. It looks like you have a teenager on your hands!

    ReplyDelete