Friday, June 27, 2014

Concert in the Park

We went to a concert in the park last Saturday. Although Sacramento has a ton of these going on (different parks, different nights, etc.), this was our first one we made it to. Some friends invited us to go over to their house beforehand for a drink and then we'd walk over to the park.


Sacramento is so funny. It was pretty warm in the evening. I was wearing shorts and a tank top and was worried I'd still be a little warm in the direct sunlight. Well I was very comfortable, and right around 6 PM it really started to cool down...to the point that I was chilly! I used my Moby wrap to cover up Bennett's legs as he laid on the blanket because I hadn't thought to bring pants for him!


It was packed. We were really jammed in there. I'm so glad one of the guys we were with went out earlier in the day to lay out a blanket and chairs because otherwise I'm not sure what we would have done. We were a big group and we were pretty much on top of each other until some folks started heading home. 


The kids were so good. June didn't want to stay at our 'home base' at all except for when she was eating. Every other instant was spent on the play ground, in the sand box, dancing in front of the stage. I tell you, there's nothing like a hugely overcrowded playground to make you have constant anxiety of "Where is my kid? Where did my kid go??"


Bennett just hung out. On our laps. In our arms. On the blanket. He was just so chill, so happy and content. He even fell asleep for a little bit.


We walked home and got the kids down for a late bedtime. They slept in the next day! Until nearly 8 AM! Of course, this includes Bennett waking up every three hours which has become his usual, but at least he fell back asleep after the 6:30 AM feeding, which is not his usual.

It was just one of those nights, do you know what I mean? A sweet summer night, with red wine in a small plastic cup and caprese salad made with basil and tomatoes from the garden. With kids who are sweet and well-behaved because it's so fun to be outside with music and food and crowds. I loved every second. (Minus, of course, those moments when I couldn't find my kid.)

No comments:

Post a Comment