Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Around the House Lately

In the name of full disclosure, keeping-it-real, etc., I'll tell you that things have been tough around here for the past week or so. Bennett's sleeping habits during the day have changed...he only naps for very short periods of time. Doesn't matter if I'm holding him, he's in the Moby or if I put him down in his crib. He'll only nap for about 20 minutes, and sometimes will wake after only 5 minutes in the crib.

I then spend 30 minutes trying to get him back down, bouncing and walking and doing anything else in my power to get him back to sleep. Then he wakes again soon, lather rinse repeat.

He sleeps so little that he's always tired and fussing. Since he sleeps worse during the day, he's sleeping worse at night. Since he naps so little, he gets tired again soon, so he falls asleep while nursing and doesn't get a good feeding in. My shoulder, back and arm hurt from all the bouncing. And, as I'm sure you can imagine, listening to all of that crying sure is great for the nerves and self esteem.

I'm just tired and worried. Worried that going to daycare is going to be a disaster, worried that he's not going to be able to nap there, that he's going to be dependent on a person bouncing him to sleep and there won't be enough people to do that for him.

So to distract myself from all of this, allow me to post a few pictures from around the house lately.


(Daddy giving Bennett his first bottle in preparation for daycare)


Catching June nursing her baby.






Good thing he's so cute.

1 comment:

  1. Boy, can I ever feel your pain in this, Julie. Hopefully Bennett follows in Duncan's footsteps and starts napping...as soon as you go back to work. I have no idea what changed but suddenly he just started napping. Sending you hugs during this very tough time. Good thing they are so cute, indeed!

    ReplyDelete