Sunday, February 16, 2014

Valentine's Day Disney Show

Happy (late) Valentine's Day!

I got to participate in June's school Valentine's Day party at school this year. I volunteered to stand at one of the activity booths and ended up at the cookie decorating table. Next year I'm going for a station requiring less responsibility since so many kids kept coming back for extra cookies and I wasn't sure where to draw the line. Oh, you want to decorate a cookie to bring home for your mom? That's totally fine, let me help you put it in a bag! But once you come back wanting a cookie for "Gigi" and I later see you eating "Gigi's" cookie in the corner, then no, you cannot have a 7th cookie.

I'm the worst.

Michael won Dad of the Year award by getting tickets to Rockin' Disney on Ice that night. June was psyched and decided to wear her Belle dress 


We've been to one Disney on Ice show before, but that one didn't have many princesses in it. Ariel, Belle, Merida and Rapunzel were the stars of this show, so June was in heaven.


(39 week belly shot!)


I loved looking down to see her mouthing words to the songs and clapping after each number. But my favorite was when she reached down and grabbed me and Michaels' hands to hold.



June is already pretty suspicious of the Beast, and his roaring caused her to ask me if he was angry a few times. The inclusion of Gaston's impassioned "Kill the Beast!" song caused a couple of raised eyebrows from me and Michael. Not sure how I'm supposed to convince June that the Beast is an alright guy when a horde of nice-looking ice skaters are singing:

It's a beast, he's got fangs razor sharp ones.
Massive paws, killer claws for the feed.
Hear him roar, see him foam,
but we're not coming home,
'till he's dead, good and dead! Kill the beast!



The show was pretty late by June's (normal bedtime) standards, but she was happy 'til the end, including dancing during the send-off number.


During the show, June had asked for popcorn, cotton candy and every other treat that the concesssions people walked by with. We fended her off by promising her a treat once we got home. (I'd made chocolate covered strawberries the night before.) Well she fell asleep in the car and stayed asleep as we brought her inside.


But just when I thought we were going to transition her into bed, she sat up and said in a perfectly lucid voice, "Can I have my treat now?"

There's no getting past this one with sweets.

No comments:

Post a Comment