Sunday, October 27, 2013

Kings FanFest

Well over a week ago, the family went downtown one morning for a sort of pep rally for the Sacramento Kings. It was a big festival that took over the Capitol Mall, with all kinds of food trucks, tents, live music and tons of little activities for the kids. 


Lots of them were basketball themed, but there were also some of those blow-up houses, for which we know from experience that June is a little too young/cautious. One mom that we knew sighed at one point and said, "I'm going to have to go in there to get her, aren't I?" about her daughter, who was a bouncing machine in a blow-up obstacle course. I was a heartbeat away from screaming "I'LL GO IN!" and then remembered BabyShock and thought better of it. And thus, my false reputation of having some maturity and restraint lives on another day.


While Michael was off doing Other Things, June and I chased down two mounted police and got to pet one of the horses.  I was so glad to see her be bold enough to get so close to them since she's generally a little afraid of strange animals and, let's face it, there is something a little intimidating about horses. (They can sense uneasiness!) She talked about "Pete and Tango" the rest of the day.

The California Capitol Building in all its glory...




One of the last things we managed to do before leaving was get a picture with Slamson the Lion. June LOVES mascots and was talking about Slamson all day. When I saw him standing over with some dancers getting ready to perform for the crowd, I carried June over to get a closer look. He saw me pointing and came over to get a picture! Isn't that nice? June was PSYCHED.


She was NOT psyched when it was time to head home for a nap, but all good things must come to an end.


No comments:

Post a Comment