Thursday, August 22, 2013

The News Times Two

This blog post has taken me forever to write. Not entirely sure why, except that I hardly know where to begin. We've had some big things in the works and we didn't want to go public with it until a certain point, and then it just felt like I had so much to say about each one that I didn't know where to begin.

So I guess I'll begin by just announcing the news!

1. I'm pregnant!

2. We're moving to Sacramento

3. We've decided to go an entire year speaking with an Italian accent**

**One of these items is factually inaccruate. Three just felt like a nice round number.

So, yes! Cat's out of the bag, etc. etc!

We found out I was pregnant first, and were thrilled and couldn't wait to tell the world. We thought we wouldn't wait as long as we did last time, and did tell our families, but then the Michael's work situation came up and we decided to postpone the baby announcement too. I'm 14 weeks along now, BabyShock is about the size of a lemon and I'm due on February 22! And will be having a Sacramento baby!

June knows about BabyShock and is very excited and VERY determined that it's a girl. So...?

Michael was contacted about a job in his industry in Sacramento a couple months ago, and that began the long process of correspondence and a trip out for an interview. Having never been to Sacramento myself, I asked him to just make a panoramic photo of his entire visit there so I could get a feel for the city. He didn't oblige me, but did set up a photo stream, which was almost as good.

The crazy thing is that Michael is moving to Sacto on Sunday and starting at his new job on Monday. June and I will hold down the fort out here while he finds a temporary housing situation and daycare and while I get the house ready to put on the market.

SO! It feels good to have that all out there! Now I can start posting all the drafts I've started and haven't been able to publish!

6 comments:

  1. Yay for sharing the news!! So excited for all of you and the exciting happenings in your lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That is some awesome news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vanessa! I'm really excited!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on all of the exciting news!!!! So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dad and I are thrilled about your new Baby Shock! June will be a wonderful big sister and you have already proved yourselves to be fabulous parents. Regarding moving. . . we are just a little sad because we have been spoiled having you just 40 minutes away from our AZ home. We will miss you something fierce, but know it's the right move for you and your family. A big congratulations to Michael. We knew the Sacramento Kings would want him as soon as they interviewed him. All our love to the four Shockleys. We love you so much!
    Mom and Dad M.

    ReplyDelete