Friday, May 24, 2013

My House of Dreams

Good news, y'all! I found my house of dreams! I guess we'll have to move to Indianapolis here soon.

For real, though, taking a walk through the midwest during the summer reminds me that my soul sometimes feels like it craves color. I couldn't believe the sheer richness of the green. Sure, in Arizona you can find a golf course that's well irrigated and green, but it's not the same lushness. 


I was so appreciative of all of that awesome nature, even if the humidity and a few mosquitoes came along with it.

But back to my house of dreams!

It was an awesome, dark little ranch with emerald shutters.


Those shutters just about did me in.


And they had at least three wheelbarrows in their side yard, to which I said "Why?" and "How can I become a part of this?"

Their trees! I need their trees in my life!


But the best part, the very best part, was the brick. It was all uneven and lumpy and wavy and unusual. It looked like the courtyard of the Leaky Cauldron meets a Salvador Dali painting.


Of course Michael has to have his jokes. I came home and announced to the house that I found the home we'd be moving into, don't worry, my house of dreams had been located! What did Michael say upon seeing the pictures? "Looks like it has foundational problems."

What...just what? Am I supposed to do with him?

No comments:

Post a Comment