Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day Masterpiece

Despite having to work a little this weekend and the stress that came along with it, Mother's Day was sweet and much needed. While I woke up slowly, I could hear Michael and June practice saying "Happy Mother's Day" in the living room. Sure enough, almost as soon as I'd opened our bedroom door June shouted "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY" and bounced away in her excitement. 

We had breakfast at a local place that we love.


Michael had also signed us up for a Mommy and Me class at a pottery painting place. They walked us through the steps of creating a special Mother's Day plate with our handprints. I am SO glad Michael came because he was able to watch June while I had to detail in some of the parts of the plate. 


We used our handprints in the middle and June's fingerprints for the flowers.






We went home, had lunch, opened presents and took naps. All of us. Which is a wonderful way to spend Mother's Day, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment