Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter 2013

Michael's parents got in town just in time to celebrate Easter with my family. This same group got together for last year's Easter and I was glad to have a reunion! I feel like holidays are meant to be spent with lots of people. When I fantasize about a huge family (I keep telling Michael I want 7 children), I picture myself in middle age on a Christmas morning that is pure chaos with all the kids  and their spouses and their kids and the noise and the mess. Heaven.

But I digress. Easter. 

It was lovely. We all arrived and got settled in. June and Kai just about killed me dead with their cute Easter outfits. 


Then the kids had an egg hunt in the front yard. Each kid had their own color of eggs, which made it perfect to ensure that both got a chance to hunt for a good amount.





We had a miniature photo shoot with the kids and all of their loot.


 



We had the traditional Easter ham with some delicious sides. June woke up from her nap to a nice surprise - ice cream cake!


We spent the evening walking around the Fountain Hills lake in the best weather imaginable. Next Easter I hope we'll make a habit of going down to the lake...there were all these huge families sprawled out under the trees, playing games, listening to music, large men holding tiny babies, children holding hands, and general noise and chaos. Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment