Monday, March 4, 2013

A Golfy Birthday

It was my birthday yesterday but the whole weekend was a celebration. The family decided to have one birthday extravaganza to celebrate JP's day in February, mine yesterday and Kai's tomorrow. 

On Saturday afternoon, my parents, brother and I went golfing while Michael stayed home with the Junebug. We played the Sunridge Canyon course, which is so so beautiful. 



That night, Michael had arranged for a group of friends to meet us for dinner in Old Town. It was supposed to be a surprise, but after the week I'd had, I needed some motivation to not just sink into the couch with sweatpants on. I'm so glad I made it out! I got to catch up with some of my favorite people and left feeling very thankful and loved.

Unfortunately I didn't get a group picture, and only have this one, which Nicola took during one of the funniest renditions of "Happy Birthday" I've heard in some time:

The next day, once Kai had joined us, we played some miniature golf as a family. June was running around with her little putter and her yellow ball and having a good time. She kept leaning over and placing her ball in the hole once she saw us celebrating our own successful putts.





After that was dinner at Ah-So, a restaurant where they cook the food in front of you on one of those huge grills. I have to say that June was no as impressed as she was when we went a year ago. She was afraid of the man who was cooking for us and cried every fire of any kind was used (our table or not).  This might have been the only smile we got out of her, cheesy as it is:


No specialty cupcake stores (my request) were open or nearby, so we went to Freddy's for some frozen custard. It was nice sitting outside in an enclosed patio where the kids could run around and dance. The rest of us enjoyed our desserts and did one last rendition of "Happy Birthday to JPJulieandKai!"



No comments:

Post a Comment