Monday, December 31, 2012

Winter Wind-Down

It's snowing outside.Big fat, juicy flakes drift down from the heavens. They make the bare woods behind the house look foggy.

June naps in the room next door. She's tuckered out from getting into winter clothes and then sledding and then getting out of winter clothes.

I had a plate full of warm, hearty leftovers for lunch. I can hear murmurs of the voices of my husband and his mom talking downstairs.

I'm going on a date with my main squeeze tonight. I'm not entirely sure what we're doing, but I have a feeling that pasta with cream sauce and Les Mis are in my near future.

Last night my parents visited the house and our party of 12 played games and ate ice cream cake and leg-wrestled until I was hot and tired from laughing so hard.

I have fuzzy socks on.

So I guess I don't have a great blog post of our year in review. Maybe I'll find the time to post some pictures of our major accomplishments once I get home. It'll have to be after you poor souls indulge me in posting 10,000 pictures of June in the snow.

So for now I'll just say that I couldn't picture this year ending - and the next one beginning - any better than it already is.

2 comments:

  1. Love. There is nothing better than feeling warm and happy--a heart full of contentedness. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh.....great to be with you this past week....and to read your blog about the shared experiences we had. Also glad to see that you learned at least one thing from your dad....leverage and leg strength must be hereditary :)

    Love, AD

    ReplyDelete