Friday, December 7, 2012

I'm Home, And Glad

The week is over, finally.

I've spent most of the last two weeks up in Payson for work. For those of you not in the know, Payson is a 90 minute drive northeast of Phoenix. The drive is pretty, so pretty, but making it over and over again - sometimes twice in one day, like today - got old.

Last week was the preparatory phase of a project rollout up there, and this week was the execution. This week was...challenging. There were some unexpected issues, some added stress, and mix it with the travel schedule and the driving and I'm just...tired.

I kept my energy up while I was there, I think. The people up there commented on my patience and enthusiasm, but still, driving down from Payson last night knowing that I'd be driving back at 7 am the next morning had me drained. I zipped down around the now-familiar turns, over the red rocky hills. I've started to anthropomorphize the uncountable saguaro cacti along the way, waving back to them, my silent green sentinels frozen in time. One or two waved back.

I'm glad to be home. I'm glad that I'm not planning on making anymore long drives for awhile. I'm glad that Michael will give me a back rub if I ask for it. And I'm glad that the week is over, finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment