Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Make a Splash

On Sunday morning, if you'll believe it, June was the last one to wake. She'd stayed up so much later than usual the night before and she ended up sleeping until 8, which is unheard of around these parts. She awoke so excited to see that Kai was still around and had just enough time to watch the end of the movie "Up."

Then our group headed to the splash pad in Fountain Hills.


So this is the time of year that I start seeing other people post pictures of themselves in cozy sweaters and changing leaves and pumpkin spice lattes. Yet here we stand in Arizona with daily highs still reaching into the triple digits. The water at the splash pad was a little chilly but it was so warm outside that the kids were willing to frolic in the fountains...and I was tempted to do the same.


I think Kai and June helped egg each other on when it came to being daring with the fountains. Kai would do something to make June laugh and June would copy him as best she could.


I die every time one of them initiates a hug with the other one. Neither ever says no. I hope these cousins always get along this well.

And yes, I enjoyed my morning with my family in our bathing suits, but I'm ready for the Fall. And I'm jealous of all of you and your sweaters. And your not sweating all the time in October.

1 comment:

  1. Jules: thanks so much for keeping us sort of in tune with our two grandchildren....their relationship at this time of their lives is really special....not sure they can remain this close as they grow up, but wouldn't it be nice?!

    We love you all............A. D.

    ReplyDelete