Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween

Check out the results of the Pumpkin Carving Contest! The clear winner was Pumpkin #4, which was carved by none other than Vicki/Mom/Vivi! Well done!


That winky pumpkin is a hit!

Happy Halloween, everyone! I went to work dressed as Bella Swan, mostly as an excuse to be seen in public with a plastic baby arm sticking out of my pillow-enhanced abdomen. I added a neck bite (red nail polish) and some shadowing in the face to give me a gaunt look. The vacant expression was adopted to be more like the movies (zing!).


Work was fun, we had a potluck, people got a good laugh out of the ol' arm. Might be because I kept thrusting my hips forward and asking for high fives (with the extra hand). Sometimes I miss my big baby belly, but I was awfully glad to take that pillow out at the end of the day.


The Arm did help me get my words per minute up! It covered my space bar!

Some bad news - June has croup AND a double ear infection. I feel so bad for her...she had to come home from school on Monday and has been staying home ever since. We still decided to put her in her Halloween costume today and walk her around to a couple of houses of neighbor friends. My mom was able to come and Michael had to work, so it was a girls (very short) night out.


It wasn't the most lively of Halloweens, though we did run out of candy around 7:30. (Let's hope we don't get egged.) June took a bath at 6 and kept hearing the doorbell go off, asking "trick or treat?" with a worried expression. 

Let's hope that next Halloween is a healthier one!

1 comment:

  1. I'm thrilled to win this year's Pumpkin Carving Contest especially with such strong competition!!! It was so much fun and great to see the Shockley's. June looked so cute in her Halloween costume. I'm glad I got to go to a few houses to Trick-or-Treat with June. What a doll!

    ReplyDelete