Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Thought Catalog

Yesterday I was published on ThoughtCatalog.com for the first time!

I submitted an article defending people who marry at a young(ish) age after reading a few recent articles by people saying they didn't understand why people their age were getting married and having kids. They outlined all the fun they were having being single and on the prowl, partying every night and being free from any expectations.

While I understand their view, I also had a rebuttal. I typed it out and sent it over and heard back within 24 hours.

So here it is, if you'd like to read:

In Defense of Marrying Young

Take a look through the comments section if you're brave (as of right now there are 90). Comments are - as I expected - mixed, but at the end of the day, it makes me happy that so many people had something to say on the issue.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Jules, you wrote a great essay with wonderful points. I wish you and Michael all the best. You are a great match!
    P.S. Just checked . . . 99 comments as of now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article Julie! You are a great writer and I agree with your views!

    ReplyDelete