Thursday, June 21, 2012

Children's Museum of Phoenix

As I'm sure many moms can relate, when I am alone with June for a long stretch of time, my main objective is to fill the time with activities activities activities. She has so much energy, is so active, that just sitting around the house leaves both of us pretty wound up. She can only do her farm animals puzzle so many times before I start eyeing the diaper bag and she grabs the keys and looks at me with an expression that clearly communicates, "Let's blow this joint."

The problem with Phoenix's summer is that it is unlike the summer of almost every other American city.  Our summer is the one time of year you cannot be outside. I can't really take her on walks, go to the park or go on bike rides unless it's first thing in the morning. 

So far I've been experimenting with different outing ideas that keep us both cool but burn off some energy. This has involved walking around malls, going to splash pads, the library and most recently, the Children's Museum of Phoenix.

June and I bounced off the walls, climbed huge structures...

 ...hung out in the baby area...
 ...drove a pickle...
 ...walked through the noodle forest...

 and generally explored.
(My apologies for the blurry pictures. Camera phones and toddling children do not a sharp photo make.) 

It was so fun  - and such a great success at blowing June's mind in awesomeness - that we're going to try to go back this weekend - this time with friends!

2 comments:

  1. Julie, What a fun post! It looks like you both had a great time. What an adventure to go exploring in a noodle forest and drive a pickle :-) Thanks for sharing. I miss you all so much and can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somedays I feel the same way....like I am stuck in a noodle forest or driving a Sweet Gherkin! AD

    ReplyDelete