Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Mom to Me

A mom to me means 40 minute rides to soccer practice four nights a week.

A mom to me means going to your daughter's bedroom each night after she yells "I'M READY" through the house at bedtime to have some talk time before turning in...from an age of I-don't-remember 'til she leaves for college.

A mom to me means driving to Casa Grande to watch her daughter compete in a track meet where the total time of her four events was something like 9 minutes.

A mom to me means answering with a resounding "Yes" when your daughter calls and says, "I'm going on a trail ride in Utah, YOU IN?"

A mom to me means developing a secret cheer that involves you, your young daughter and her stuffed bear.

A mom to me means knowing favorite foods, the status of a crush, the contents of her book and heart.

Every day I learn a little more about what it means to be a mom to June. I'm glad I have a good example to follow.

1 comment:

  1. I know I just got off the phone with you a minute ago, but after reading your blog, I have tears in my eyes. Jules, I loved being your mother when you were little, when you were a teenager, and now, when you are a mother to your own daughter. I wouldn't trade any of those memories you mentioned, as well as the dancing school lessons and recitals, the grade school, middle school, high school and college graduations, college trips, soccer games and/or discussions, and the list goes on forever. You have been such a joy and I know you will have blessings abound with little June. Enjoy your daughter, especially today on Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete