Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Cake Smash

I've heard of other people referring to a baby's first taste of cake at his or her first birthday as a Cake Smash. This is due to the fact that many of them end up with cake and icing all over the place: on their face, in their clothes, in their hair...

If anyone had been expecting this at June's first birthday, they must have left pretty disappointed.
I don't really have a better way of describing her plan of attack on the cupcake other than "be dainty."

I truly think she was just confused to have such a big piece of food in front of her since we normally cut everything up into such small pieces.
She spent the first few minutes just trying to pick fingerfuls of icing off the top, which, let's face it, is what most of us want to do anyway.
She didn't dive head first into the cake but she did appear to love that icing.
As a matter of fact, she only ate the cake after I tore off a smaller piece for her to eat!
So even though we didn't have to wipe icing out of her hair, I was glad that we (or I should say Remi on my camera phone) managed to capture these shots.


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe these photos are from a camera--Remi is quite talented for sure. All the pictures from June's birthday are so cute--so glad it was such a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete