Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Kai's 5th Birthday

On Saturday afternoon we had the distinct pleasure of having absolutely perfect weather and a 5th birthday party for one nephew, the Kai Man.

Kids' birthday parties are so great because all those kids are so stinking cute and innocent. Kai went around and hugged each of his friends for their gifts and it made me wish that we could be as kind to each other as adults. That we could get along just because we all love playing soccer or watch the same TV shows.

There were tons of people at this party! Kai has more friends than I do, I've decided, and I don't know how to feel about that.
June couldn't play any of the games yet, but we did put her in the swings. She loved it so much and wailed desperately when we had to stop for the singing of "Happy Birthday."
Sometimes when I see JP with Kai, my head sort of reels because just yesterday I was five and he was eight and we were playing the floor-is-lava game in the living room.

Last year Kai only ate the icing of his cake but this year he eventually ate the cake also, to which I say "MATURING PALATE."
I can't believe he's 5 already!

No comments:

Post a Comment