Tuesday, March 13, 2012

11 Months!

Well, shoot, award for most forgetful mom goes to me!

This post is over a week late – her 11 month pictures were taken over a week late – but I wanted to include it. The last monthly picture before the big birthday!
June’s 11th month has been full of highs and lows. On the low side, she has gotten sick and gotten an ear infection. She lost her appetite for over a week and pretty much refused to eat solids, which alarmed me. We didn’t know if she’d had an allergic reaction to something, if she was just going through a phase or if her little bulging top tooth was hurting her too much. This past week she hasn’t wanted to nurse either, which pains me. She’s also gone through this weird spells of inconsolable crying which is very out of character for her. Yes, we’ve been to the doctor and yes I’ve spoken with my old lactation consultant guru ("My baby is trying to wean me!").
Moving on from the negative, I’d like to crow about my little one’s accomplishments this month!
She has taken her first unassisted steps! I caught her standing unsupported holding a toy in her hand next to her toy box. She took 3 or 4 shaky steps toward me and dove into my arms. Michael and I shouted and clapped and kissed her and she looked so proud. Since then we’ve had her practicing a lot and even got it on video!

June can say: Mama, Dada, Papa, book (“booh”), hi (always while waving), more (“mooh” – while doing her interpretation of the sign for ‘more’) and her most recent addition, “Puppy.” On Sunday my mom came over to babysit and she brought Einstein along. June loves dogs and we always refer to them as 'puppies' to her. Well she was sitting in her seat at the table, looking over the edge at Einstein and we said something like, “Do you see the puppy?” She pointed at him and clearly said, “Puh-pee.” Michael, Mom and I stared at each other for a minute before erupting into applause! It was so funny.

She waves and says “Hi” to the phone when it is on speakerphone.

She gives hugs. On Monday morning when Michael got home from the gym, he crouched next to the bed where June was sitting. She crawled over and pulled herself up on him so she could wrap her arms around his neck and rest her head on his shoulder.


To close off this post, just a few more pictures that I can't not post.

Being casual:
And this one, which really reminds me of my Grandma Mickie:
Less than a month until she's one!

2 comments:

  1. Happy 11th month birthday, June! You are beautiful and sweet and smart and adorable! I love your pictures. I fully agree with that one picture looking like Grandma Mickie. (I always thought my mom was so pretty.). I am so happy I got to see June walk by herself and say puppy for the first time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I have a 1 year old nephew who absolutely loves our dogs, and only refers to them as puppies as well! He doesn't live to close to us, so when we skype with them he always asks to see the puppies on the computer!

    ReplyDelete