Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday Mornings

Saturday mornings are my favorite part of the week.

June sleeps all night in her crib but will wake up and want to be nursed some time in the morning. This could be at 4:30 am and then I feed her and put her back in her crib to sleep a little more. If, like this morning, she sleeps until 6:30 or so, Michael brings her into bed with us. She usually nurses and then plays in bed while Michael and I try to cling to that sleepy blissfulness while June climbs on our heads and sticks her fingers in our nostrils.

This morning she did play for a little while. Then she crawled down the bed and was quite happy to nuzzle her body up against Michael and play with his fingers. I closed my eyes, content and woke up to this sight:
We slept until 8:30.
Saturday mornings are my favorite part of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment