Sunday, February 19, 2012

Poacher

You know how one minute you're reading a perfectly respectable online news article and three clicks later you suddenly find yourself reading about the back stories to Pokemon characters? That's not just me, right? Well just such a series of events led me to a tutorial on making poached eggs.

I've never made a poached egg. I've never eaten a poached egg. I'm not entirely sure I've ever seen a poached egg in person. But suddenly I'm seeing pictures and... I'm pretty sure that...I need...to put that...in my belly.

So this was my first try making poached eggs and I'm pretty sure I'm hooked. (If you didn't know, poaching an egg is a way of cooking it in simmering water that solidifies the whites but keeps a luscious creamy yellow yolk for your buttery enjoyment. I'm not going to try to give a step-by-step, but if you're interested in tutorials there are a bazillion if you Google it.)

It might not be picture perfect but I don't think it's too bad for my first try. And you can used any broken yolk eggs to make scrambled eggs for your baby!
Holy egg yolk. I could have eaten 17 of these.
Everyone's invited to my house for breakfast next weekend!

Have you ever poached an egg?
Do you have any tips?

3 comments:

  1. Confession. . . I have never made a poached egg. Truth. . . I LOVE poached eggs and order them out, for breakfast, every chance I get. The one you pictured looks delicious. I'll be there for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed! I have been wanting to try a poached egg since I first watched Julie and Julia. I still haven't done it, but you may have just inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. add vinegar to the water. keeps the whites together much better!

    ReplyDelete